Monday, October 25, 2010

The Talent, All Hallow's Eve, and the Freeze

So last week was the anniversary of the school where I work. In SK, when a school's anniversary comes around it is a festival followed by a day off of work (school for the students). The festival was not what I expected. I've seen these kids perform in the past, but for the anniversary talent show they really stepped up their game. The funniest thing was one sketch that consisted of about 15 students putting on an Idol-type competition sketch. The show included an awesome 70s type performance with go-go-type backup dancers and le piece de resistance (insert French accent) was a "Single Ladies" performance by three of the boys in the sketch. Here it goes:











I was floored when I saw this. This festival is pretty much a big deal complete with a streamer shooter, smoke machine, pyrotechnics, lighting, and projectors. Quite the spectacle indeed (and my couch is still debatable?). The foreign exchange students participated as well, so everyone was happy to see them get involved in student life here. I was also a judge so it was nice having my hand in who won the prizes.









Had the following day off, it was nice to get mid week off. I was able to go out the night before, sleep in the day off, and run errands as well as run into one student after the other on the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Halloween season is upon us and I'm very excited. Went to Itaewon on Saturday for a costume/birthday party taking place there. It was a blast, but because we decided to stay later than we had originally anticipated we ended up having to stay at a, and I use the term loosely, hotel. You have to dress in what I could only equate as bad middle school PE uniforms, and sleep in what I could only equate as the Holocaust 2.0. It was hot and hard to sleep there, but we all managed to nap I suppose. We caught the first train out of there and used Sunday as recovery/catch up on sleep day. All in all it was fun, an experience, and in retrospect pretty funny.













I was "emo" for that Halloween party, a costume that was thrown together last minute based on my attire and easy access to guy-liner. However, for Josh & Audrey's costume party this Saturday I have something else planned. Stay tuned.

Also, my neighbors are planning on having a Nightmare Before Christmas viewing on the actual halloween night. Yes!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday was Monday October 25, 2010. Yesterday was the first day since I got to SK that I actually felt cold. Like cold cold. Like really cold. It is going to be an average of 35 degrees (f) this week, so pardon me LA, but you don't know what cold is. What I love about cold weather though is that I sleep like a log and it's easier to make yourself warm when you're outside than it is to make yourself cool in when it's hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment