Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"If I Were a Boy, I Would Turn Off my Phone, I'd Tell Everyone it's Broken..." Part 2

In continuing this week’s lesson on scenarios I’ve gone ahead and introduced the idea of scenario planning through the Barenaked Ladies song “If I had a Million Dollars” which is something I learned at the teacher orientation. I keep receiving some great scenario responses from students like so:

  • If I were a pop star I would meet many stars like Oprah Winfrey or Rain.
  • If I were a superhero I would help sick people to go to the hospital.
  • If I were president I would make a happy world.
  • If I were a movie star I would buy sunglasses and walk the road because I'm famous.
  • If I were a movie star I would shoot a wonderful kiss scene with a top actress.

The last two were written by the same pair of boys, who are obviously ready to be famous. Well the same group of boys who wrote the last two statements on my list did something that totally caught me off guard. As they were finishing up their statements they broke into song and sang....WAIT FOR IT...."If I Were a Boy" by Beyonce. Again, I was thrown off guard and thought to myself "Did these guys read my last blog entry?" Granted, I have not mentioned this Beyonce song in class at all, so I was in awe when these boys started to belt it out. I told them how the song is a good example of an imaginary scenario and how I happened to enjoy that song. Then I carried on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news it's Lisette's wedding this Saturday! Crazy! I'm very happy for her and I wish I could be there. I was touched when I got her invitation here in SK. Also, Andres' birthday/house party is that same Saturday too, happy birthday in advanced!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very excited about what I get to do this weekend, and even more excited to share it with you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment