Sunday, October 3, 2010

The List(s)

My Friday and Saturday in a Checklist




  • One of our school’s French exchange students had a grandfather who passed away.

  • I turned down a dinner with not one, not two, but three school principals. In retrospect I feel that was big no no.

  • After dinner with friends, I found out that my neighbor was hospitalized during his family’s vacation (they hadn’t had a vacation since they arrived from NYC in 2007).

  • My house-sitting assignment started earlier than expected.

  • Had to unexpectedly ride a bicycle in South Korea. Never in my life have been honked at so much by drivers (and I’ve driven w/ an open trunk in LA freeways).

  • I had to walk around with a big bag of Science Diet for the dog in Songtan.

  • I ate my weight in mondu.

  • I was not able to go to Seoul this weekend as planned (Come to think of it, I haven’t been back in Seoul in a while).

  • I found out I’m allergic to at least one of the family’s cats (there are two).

  • Made 2 discoveries, one of FB, and one on my own (both weirded me out).

  • Had to play “pass along the message” between a fellow teacher and her mother.

All in all, big middle finger to you October 2nd, and part of the day before too!

On my Sunday however…

  • Had the house sitting routine down to a science

  • Went to Pyeongtaek and enjoyed the rooftop view from the AK Plaza

  • Burst into sudden laughter while Susanna and I were carrying pizza boxes to “Jaudrey’s” place because we heard an instrumental Kpop version of “When a Man Loves a Woman.”

  • Had pizza

  • Played many fun rounds of King’s Cup and BS over soju with great people

  • Laughed hysterically about the "pass the message" occurence, as well as the 2 things that weirded me out.

    Verdict: Good Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment