Sunday, October 10, 2010

"If I Were a Boy, I Would Turn Off my Phone, I'd Tell Everyone it's Broken..."



In this chart-topping Beyonce song, she presents the scenario of what she would be able to get away with if she were in fact born a male.

Well a big thing I'm doing with my students this week is talking to them about scenarios.

I've presented some scenarios to them that were selected at random by them and they would have to make sentences and present what they would do in the given situations.
Some of these responses I really liked and some of these responses really cracked me up, which made me like them more. Here are some of their examples:
  • I were president I would remove the university entrance exam.
  • If I had a million dollars I would invest and manage my money to have more than a million dollars.
  • If I were a movie star I would buy a middle sized island in the pacific ocean.
  • If I were a pop star I would have many super cars, about 100.
  • If I had an airplane I would go to Japan because I want to buy comic books.
  • If I were president I would make a nuclear weapon to kill every people in the world, except kind people.
  • If I were a movie star I would make a scandal with a sexy woman.
  • If I were a movie star I would walk the steet enjoying the popularity.
Here is my favorite performance of the song (mainly because it includes an Alanis Morissette cover):


And Here's my favorite spoof:

No comments:

Post a Comment