Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tap on the shoulder

I'm so proud of me, I did everything on my list from my last blog. Self kudos. The handyman came in today and fixed the lighting in my bedroom and installed a new washing machine, he said it was time to retire the one that was originally given to me. Good news is that it's green. The bad news was that I had to figure out how to use it as the set up for this machine is a wee bit different. Luckily I figured it out and did a test run with some towels.
Yesterday was a pretty cool day. I went back to the Yongsan station in Seoul and I did it myself. It was pretty cool, and since this mall is pretty huge I explored parts I hadn't seen the first time I was there. I found a Gap and had my venti iced soy vanilla latte from where else but Starbucks. Went back home, and watched Korea play Greece. I placed some won (Korean currency) on this game, so I had to stay tuned to see if I won (past tense of win). I wish I could remember what box I filled in on the betting table against the other English teachers, but I digress. When Korea scored the first goal I was taken back because fireworks were going off a couple of blocks from me like it was freaking fourth of July at Huntington Beach. When Korea won, well, you can imagine it was fireworks galore. I took some video (will post later). Earlier I had bought a red Korean team t-shirt which I will sport later today.
I'm going to let this load of laundry finish then I'm off to the Osan base for some serious McFlurry buying and maybe some Popeye's for dinner. If it's any consolation to any of you who feel that my dieting practices do not fit the mold of Korean culture then you'll be glad to know that I eat Korean food everyday from Monday to Friday at the teacher's cafeteria and that I really enjoy it.

Peace, out to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment