Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So bored I could blog

It's Wednesday, and my Wednesdays thus far here have been out of the ordinary hump days. My first Wednesday here I didn't teach. I was taken to the GEPIK orientation to meet other teaching abroad teachers and learn more about the program. This kept me from meeting my Wednesday batch of students.
Well my excuse this week for not being able to meet my Wednesday students is that they all have to take mock final exams today that will help them prepare for the actual finals. In other words, I don't have them at all again. When I asked my co-teacher yesterday on what I should do on Wednesday he said "Enjoy it." Hmmmm... 8 hours all to myself. Thank goodness I have a computer here (2 actually) and that I brought my Ipod and the book Bedwetter by Sarah Silverman. It's like the plane flight over here all over again. Have to find ways to entertain myself.

I'm almost done with my lessons for next week too, so it's not like I haven't taken a shot at getting ahead. Also, there's some kind of video game competition happening in the auditorium. Yesterday it was the high school students turn and today it belongs to the middle & elementary school students. For those of you not on my Facebook, the auditorium is right next to my classroom. It's not too noisy, but I do hear the occasional shout or holler. Again, thank goodness I brought my Ipod touch and thank goodness it has speaker installed in it already. Way to block out the noise.

Well that's all for now. Nothing that new. The English teacher from the middle showed me a pretty cool coffee house at the main gate that I will now have to frequent, it was pretty good.

GO LAKERS!!! (you guys better bring it today)

No comments:

Post a Comment