Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fear of Away

So there have always been two things I have always feared, fears that I’ve acknowledged since I’ve had the sense of reason and memory. These things are death and failure. Today during lunch I found out that one of the French exchange students at our school just had her grandfather pass away. She is of course devastated about it. Understandable. Her experience has tapped into a fear that has developed in me since I first arrived to South Korea: I won’t be there if an emergency were to present itself. I’m currently “knocking on wood” in hopes that nothing bad happens to the people I love. That is honestly the only thing that didn’t sit well with me when I came here, the “What if?”

But I will say that this has been my only concern during my time here (well the only concern of massive proportions). So stay safe, only go when the light turns green, put on your seatbelt, load up on Emegen-C’s and don’t break a bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment