Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beautiful in Los Angeles

Have you heard this song by Garrison Star called “Beautiful in Los Angeles”? The temperature is beginning to shift here in South Korea, and it seems that it came just in time as it was perfect during my Chuseok break (Korean Thanksgiving). Well fall is here and before long winter will be here, and as my friend Nancy says, “The holidays are upon us.” But just like the song says about the beauty in LA, and based on what I’ve read from my LA friends’ status updates, it is about one hundred degrees back home (no exaggeration).

I’ve visited other places in the winter time: Mexico, Guatemala, Las Vegas, Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead, and others I’m sure I cannot recall at the moment. But this will be the first time I actually live through an entire season away from So Cal. It’s not just going somewhere for a weekend or a week, this will be weeks and weeks of going through things like cold and another new-fangled type of weather called snow. It would be nice to be in the land of eternal summer, but at the same time its part of the changes I’ve had to get used to the past couple of months since my moving here.

September is almost over, geez, that was a blink of an eye. Wasn’t it just my birthday, like in 2009? Time sure flies by and FAST (with a capital F). It was nice speaking to my niece Jujubeans (aka Julie) on her birthday and glad she enjoyed her gifts and it’s good knowing she’s doing well in school.
Nothing major has really happened except for having enjoyed my week off in a very laid-back way. Other than that, go and download that song, it’s one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment