Monday, March 7, 2011

"When we free ourselves, we are freeing humanity"

So thanks to Phoebes who gave me another unbiased token of advice. We recently had an AIM conversation where I told her about my lenience towards staying in South Korea versus my wanting of going home. She told me almost the same thing my mother did (as stated in the last post) that as much as it would be cool to be home with all the people I miss and vice versa, maybe staying in Korea wouldn’t be the worst thing because of the stability I would have here. That makes three pieces of unbiased feedback. My coworkers, other SK teachers, and the occasional “COME HOME OSCAR!” comment are not included in this tally.

So we’ve made no progress in this field. However the quote from the title comes from something I saw on someone's Facebook wall about World Book Day. And I quote, “Find the book nearest to you, turn to page 56 then find sentence 5 and write it as your status. Needs to be the book nearest to you, not your favorite.” Well the book nearest to me is in my desk drawer and it’s Paulo Coelho’s The Witch of Portobello. Coelho wrote one of my favorite books of all time, The Alchemist, however I couldn’t really get into this book, but when I did the whole search-the-quote thing, and I found it fitting. I’m sure once I make a decision it will be freeing to me and freeing to other, and the world will keep on turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment