Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Soar, No....Sore, Yes

Hello! (Lionel Richie voice)

Soar, No.
Yesterday the travel agent told me I would be able to cancel my then scheduled trip to Japan for a full refund. This is mostly influenced by embassy warnings that are posted about traveling, especially to countries recently hit by natural disasters. It's not primo time to go given all the damage that is still present there, maybe sometime in the future. I had decided to allot the funds somewhere else and have reallocated them in a threefold solution: digital toy for myself, trip to Busan, and donate some to the Japan relief efforts. So there's that.

Sore, Yes.
So I've been fighting a sore throat the past couple of days, and when I went into work on Monday it got a lot worse. So I opted for a sick day today in order to go a clinic and get to the bottom of this. I found a great clinic here in Songtan where the staff were helpful and the doctor spoke perfect English. He told me my tonsils were swollen, which isn't a surprise to me because it used to happen to me all the time as a kid. So he prescribed his meds, I picked them up, and I must say that after two doses I'm feeling a lot better. Can I just now take time to give major kudos to the Korean health system? It baffles me how the US always claims to be number one in this or that, and don't take it to sound unpatriotic, but can't they get their business together enough to care for the wellbeing of people's health? If Korea, Canada, and many other countries can offer their residents quality health care, why can't America? The insurance foreign teachers get here is excellent and everything went smoothly. I hope work will be okay tomorrow, we'll see how much better this situation gets by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment