Wednesday, December 22, 2010

1st Day of Christmas

2 more hours. Yep, 2 more hours and I don’t come back to work until 2011. Everything is practically ready. Got my coworkers a “thank you” Christmas cake and my co-teacher treated me and the exchange students to lunch at the Pizzeria. Actually, my co-teacher, along with my principal, gave me Christmas gifts…FOR MY PARENTS. What’s that about? o_O Because my parents are the ones teaching in Korea, dealing with a real winter, and having to learn new things? Riiiiiiiiight (Dr. Evil voice).

Anyways, I’m excited. Tomorrow is Korea’s Christmas Eve, and even though I’ll spend all day suspended in the air, I get to spend American Christmas Eve at home in LA. How I miss thee and all the people you house.

What’s cool is that packing was easy, just the shopping bags and souvenirs. It’s all stuff I can dump out and not have to repack. Can’t wait to have my American goodies.

It all won’t feel real to me until I have a Starbucks Venti Soy Eggnog Latte in one hand and a Chipotle chicken burrito with medium green and medium corn salsa. It’ll taste like home.

Because my friends are the people (next to my family of course) that I want to see the most, here’s a song that is applicable. The #1 Christmas song for me this year.

#1- Phoebe Buffay’s Christmas Song from “Friends”

No comments:

Post a Comment