Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Kim Jong Not-So-ILL" -Amy Poehler

So yes, North Korea has launched artillery fire onto South Korea. The dispute is mostly over an island which has a border that has been debated for some time. Right now it's just a small attack, but because it's the North versus the South (sounds like the Civil War), it's a big hoopla. I don't know, maybe I'm just jaded or maybe the 9/11 attacks put world issues into minor perspectives for me. The killing of 2 soldiers just doesn't quite equate to me the loss of 2 towers that were attacked via airplane.
~20 soldiers were injured in this back and forth exchange. My country has lost over 4,000 lives in Iraq alone (not including Afghanistan), so again, I'm just looking at it through that perspective. To give you a visual of the geography of the situation, I have illustrated so on this map:

Because this is the most heavily guarded border in the world, and an issue of world security, I find it that the matter will be resolved soon as many counties would have much to lose from anything remotely war-like.

Quoted from an earlier tweet of mine: "Everything is okay on my end. It's not near me, and remember, the US is in 2 wars."

Now for the video portion of our blog, which sums up the 2 biggest event happening this week:


No comments:

Post a Comment