Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3 month slump

The 3 month slump is like one of those tales such as "the freshman 15" or "senioritis." It is an expression I've recently heard of from the other SK teachers in Pyeongtaek. It seems that when a foreign teacher in SK reaches his/her third month there's a type of depression phase that comes with it (warning: the rest of this entry is pretty much a downer). Some of the other teachers have or are currently experiencing it. It's the whole "just wait for it" mode for me right now. Maybe I'll feel it, maybe I won't, I guess I have to wait and see.

The thing about the third month that I can see being a downer is that it would be more intense for me because that third month date comes in September. For those who don't know, my birthday is in September. I've always enjoyed birthdays, my family members' and my friends' birthdays have always been fun. So far I've missed a couple of their birthdays, and tomorrow I'll miss one more. Phoebe's birthday is usually an indicator for me that I need to start looking into what I want to do that day. She's the first Virgo birthday (among many to follow) so her birthday is a Go light for me.

I've always had fun on my birthday with the exception of the bittersweetness that was 2001. Last year it was a fun party with Pat, Nick, Beto, and I celebrating together while Villa de Lobos played rock en espanol songs. Before then my birthdays have consisted of Tequila Jack's, hookah night, Disneyland, black forest cakes, CJ's, and great meals with the family.

Ah! I'm giving this too much thought!

I should just go about my business and stop mentally ranting about it so much.

Cheers, to the upcoming third month!!!

"Three is the charm, two is not the same, I don't see the harm, so are you game?" -B

p.s. Happy Birthday Phoebes!

No comments:

Post a Comment