Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Full Circle


Wow, if it weren't for Phoebes (from http://phoebejanesblog.blogspot.com/) and Mel from (http://melinsouthkorea.blogspot.com/), I would have gone almost a whole month without blogging at all. Since the last blog I have left Korea and flown to the US. I had great final moments with the people who made my year in Korea fun, manageable, and fun again. I'm now in LA. So in the last blog I was explaining how I was looking forward to an array of things. Because of a current car situation though, I haven't had the chance to see all of my friends here since I've gotten back to LA. Granted, I haven't even been in LA full week yet so it's not as big of a deal. I spent that week prior to this in Kauai with some family members. My cousin Ana housed me and her husband, James, became my tour guides for my Hawaii vacation.

I got a few bug bites, but they were totally worth it. We went to the beach all the time and saw some great landmarks including Spouting Horn, Waimea Canyon (the largest canyon in Hawaii), multiple waterfalls, and I went snorkeling in Po'ipu Beach. It was all a ton of fun and snorkeling was even better because my cousin owns an underwater camera (which I now want as a next purchase).
I had so much fun on this trip and it makes me look forward to returning again (and again?).
The food was amazing too. It helps that my cousin's husband is a Le Cordon Blue graduate and that a daily Hawaiian dessert for me were large portions of shaved ice with a macadamia ice cream bottom. Again, I can't wait to go back.

The new job is starting to sink in. I went in yesterday for a tour of my new school and I'll be honest, I loved what I saw. However, what I loved more than what I saw was what I heard. The school's goals and what is to become of my new position just makes me want to press harder on the paper with my pen when I sign my contract next week. Good stuff.

Things are coming full circle, but there's still much to be done. I still have to settle into the new job, but I also have to rectify my car situation, and well as my living situation. I want to find a place closer to work, and am considering finding a place with my sister. We shall see.

For now, I'm still excited for what's to come and it is still sinking in. Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment