Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bagpipes!!!!!

I woke in the morning (not feeling like P. Diddy) and thought I had a full plate ahead of me at work. Thursdays are my busy day as I am scheduled to teach six periods back-to-back-to-back. Well this is my conversation this morning with my main co-teacher:

Mr. Lee: Good morning Oscar
Me: Good morning Mr. Lee...hmmmm....it looks like you have something to tell me. I have all my kids today, right?
Mr. Lee: Well actually I'm going to give you a "vacation" day today because Mr. Yoon (another English teacher at my school) is doing an activity all day with the kids today

Well as you all know I've been teaching sporadically these past three weeks because I went away for a bit, kids had final exams, and then they had mandated standardized tests, etc. Yesterday I had an amazing day as I had all the three periods I was scheduled for. The students loved playing Bumper Bumper and it worked out perfectly as they are ready for summer vacation so the get to play a fun game that works works with their acquired knowledge of the English language. We all benefit from it. This is a game where small groups try to come up with words that match my categories (i.e. an adjective that starts with the letter "ye" or a verb that starts with "ye") and the group with the most points wins. These kids get really competitive and for some odd reason I always have a group of all boys pitted against a group of all girls who are vying for the top spot.

Well I was looking forwards to my fun and games today, but because I got this news from my co-teacher today, I thought "Bagpipes!" I got the expression "bagpipes" from an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" where Bob Saget's character, an older Ted Mosby, is telling his kids about some neighbors he had who where fornicating like bunnies but because he was telling his kids this story (and because it's network television), he replaced the verb for F-ing with "bagpiping." I just watched this episode last night so the events of it are still fresh in my mind.



I talked to my co-worker and new friend Lizelle about this time of the year and how it's so laid back. She said she's going to read and catch up on the good ol' "Desperate Housewives" from Wisteria Lane and all the doctors from Seattle Grey's hospital. Sounds like a plan.

Well weekend is almost here, so I guess that's a plus.


Answer key: yellow and yearning

No comments:

Post a Comment