Sunday, May 16, 2010

E-Mail Sent to my friends (the first week in May)

Hello all,
As some of you may (or may not....oops, sorry) know I applied for a teaching abroad program a couple of months ago. Well long story short I got offered a job I really want and I have agreed to take it. I will be leaving for one year to South Korea, an hour away from the capital, Seoul. But it's not like you will not be seeing me completely for a year, as I will be able to fly back during my vacation time. It seems like I will be leaving the first week in June, the week following my LB graduation on May 27th (@ 5pm in the CSULB quad).

I'm super excited about this opportunity to teach English in grades 10th, 11th, and 12th at a prep high school, which I really want to teach, and be able to travel which is another love of mine. As I'm still wrapping my head around all this, I will say that I do want you to keep the weekend (probably Saturday) of my graduation (because the actual grad is on a sucky Thursday) so that we can go out somewhere and celebrate. I hope you can all come out to celebrate and I will forward the details as soon as I have them.

I will of course miss you all, but think about it this way: the earlier I leave the earlier I get to come back


--Oscar

p.s. you're always free to fly to the hemisphere to visit me :)

Information about where I'd be living:
http://www.pyeongtaek.go.kr/Contents.do?MENU_CODE=1E0100000000

I will of course still be using my Facebook, Twitter, and AIM accounts, so communication should not be a factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment