Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bulgogi


Yes, I am South Korea bound. Yesterday I had the chance to meet up with two very good friends of mine, Phoebe & Zorah. The night before Christine & Hugo invited me to their place to eat, drink, and play some Rock Band. The weekend before that was Beto & Irma's wedding anniversary, where I was able to see a lot of friends post-announcement of my departure.
I am really trying to soak in as much of my friends and family as possible, because it will be a while when I see them. I picked up my work visa to Korea the day before yesterday and it was weird to have concrete evidence in my hand of my leaving. It's getting a little more real with each passing day as my departure date (although still tentative nears). I am genuinely excited about this opportunity I have and I plan to take full advantage of it.

On other note, I will be graduating in two weeks (about a week and a half really) with my Master's degree. To be honest my graduation has become one of my last priorities, not because it's not important to me, but because there are bigger fish to fry at the moment. I just looked up at my cap, gown, and hood as they hang off the closet door in my room and I'm thinking to myself, oh yeah, that thing. It's funny because I've worked really hard for this, and I wish I could give it the credit it deserves, but I still plan to make the most out of that day as possible.

I am really looking forward to seeing my friends the weekend after my graduation. I like those times like birthdays and the holidays when I get to see my friends congregate for a good amount of time. By then I hope to have picked up some more Korean. I'm taking a podcast class and I've yet to buy myself the dictionaries I've been considering. So far one of the words I've mastered in the word for Korean bbq, and let's face it, what else am I really going to need to know? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment