Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Año

The massive schedule of things to get done towards the end of the school year has gotten to me, and has been the main contribution to my lack of blogging. But alas, it is better late than never.

I've thought a lot about the past year, given that it was a year ago that I moved back to LA after having live in South Korea. Sometimes I can't believe some of the things I've done. Not in a self-flattery conceited sense, but in a wow-I-have-been-super-blessed-sense. Since being back I've also been able to meet up with friends I made in Korea here in the US and even in Europe. Mel and I drove up to Modesto on a day trip to visit Audrey and Lindsey. Lexi had a layover where we had sushi and she met my friends. I stayed with Mel in Italy and we had many adventures, including Easter with Jason and Julie. And this weekend I get to see Lexi again but this time with Jaime who is also back in LA. There are still many more friends from the ROK I would love to see, and hopefully it gets to happen.

If you've watched the news recently, especially in Cali, it hasn't been going well in school. That's why I thank my lucky stars all the time that I am in the position I am in. I left Korea with a job already on track for me to start, I job I love. I don't know what I did in this universe to get so lucky in the job situation because I really do like what I do, the people I get to work with, and the school community I am at.

A year ago I also had a Hawaiian detour. Glad to say I am excited to be returning again in August to have even more fun. I'll be going to Oahu to vacation with friends and well as returning to Kauai to stay with family. I can't wait.

This year had been really good to a lot of friends too. I've seen many of them move into a family life, improve their career goals, reach academic milestones, and grow as individuals. The same goes for my family. Even though we lost my grandfather recently, I think our bond as a unit that can be there for one another has greatly improved.

I do also appreciate these moments where I get to look into the rear view mirror and think about how much has happened in so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment