Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend


I must say I had one of the best Easters I’ve had in a while. Went to two gatherings, and they were both great with great people who attended each of them. The first one was hosted by Julie & Jason (who have access to the base). You know what they made? Turkey! An over 20-pounder! It was really good along with all of the other dishes everyone else brought. The entire thing was really fun, filling, and it all ended with a round of Apples to Apples. Round two was over at Jaudrey’s where they had a nice gathering of people, but even better, home-made truffles. Hallelujah for the commencement of lent and the celebration thereafter. A nice round of "chubby bunny" followed. Ate lots of sweets and lots of good food, I really can’t complain.

The day before I went to Seoul Tower, which is the main landmark in Seoul and I’m pretty sure one of the main landmarks in all of Korea. It was great despite some initial meeting “technical difficulties.” You take a cable car up to where the tower is and when you’re walking towards it there’s a big stage. Since there was still time before the martial arts performance, I headed up to the top of the tower towards the observatory. It was a really nice and clear day, and therefore you could see all of Seoul bow before your feet. After that, I watched the performance of martial artists, which was pretty neat alongside traditional Korean dancers, which was reminiscent of what I had seen during my visit to the Pyeongtaek Cultural Center. I then took the hike down from the tower and the hike was beautiful. The entire hills and mountains were just filled with cherry blossoms. The foliage was quite nice and I just took it all in. Seeing how I’m leaving SK in a little over a month, I started thinking during that walk of how much I’m going to miss this place. Living somewhere so far and foreign to what I consider home, I started to think in that moment of how far I had come from when I first got off that plane and into Korea about 11 months ago. It’s crazy.








Happy Easter to everyone!
Yaya, hope you enjoyed your birthday, Lisette, hope you enjoy your birthday, and Scott, happy upcoming birthday! Whooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment