Thursday, November 21, 2013

Bus Pants

Sheldon on "The Big Bang Theory" doesn't drive, and when he needs to take the bus he wears his "bus pants." And so my friend Yaya reminded after the following happened...

My car is crashed.  I'm okay, nothing happened to me, but yes, I've had my first car accident.  I've been driving for about 15 years and I've never been in an accident.  I witnessed one once as a pedestrian, so a part of me feels that this right if passage was overdue.  I'm sure my car will be declared a total loss, still waiting.  It was sudden, I was pretty nonchalant, and it all got processed, towed, and talked through pretty quickly.  Just waiting on some more info, we shall see.

The good thing, if there is a good thing, is that this happened pre-Thanksgiving, when I have time to sort things out.  If you're not from LA, let me tell you, having a car is essential.  However, I'm no stranger to the public transport.  I didn't have a car in high school nor did I have a car when I lived overseas, so don't go off thinking I'm staying put because I'm 100% car dependent.  These things happen, c'est la vie.
A glimpse at the occurrence (unfortunately, it's worse than this frame)

No comments:

Post a Comment