Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Never Ending Story

Yep, the title says it all.  Tale as old as time...we don't have any time.  These past two weeks have been intense, and all within a professional sense.  This weekend is the first time in two weeks I got to do things Osc like, well to some degree.  I still had to go to class and grade a huge stack of essays today, and lesson planned last night at Barnes & Noble, but eh, what are you going to do about that? That's life.

Even though I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and just busy (I'll be using this word a lot in this blog apparently), it has all been for growth.  I enjoyed going to the CUE conference in Palm Springs, and I can't wait to go again next year!  I learned so much and enjoyed the lectures, plus getting swag from different ed tech companies is always a plus ;-)

Unfortunately, I could stay the entire time and had to leave Palm Springs on Friday night because I had to attend another ed tech conference, but this one was at Mt. St. Mary's.  I'm sorry, did I say attend? I meant to say presented at! I presented at an ed tech conference with the topic of social justice (Critical Thinking in Action).  Best part? I got to present with some of my students in order to present the school's iPad program and social justice assignments we have done via those means.  I learned a lot, and although I've spoken at other conference, this LA-wide one was something I'll remember for a long time.  The feedback I have received is also a major plus.
Spring break is around the corner, and I can't wait for it.  Well deserved, I think so at least.
Busy, but good busy. It's a good busy, once you see it in retrospect.  At the time I've honestly thought, "Why am I so tired? .....Oh yeeeeeah."

'Til the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment