Thursday, November 15, 2012

Unreal

It always blows my mind when I go to trips with people in which we know each other from one place and end up somewhere completely different.  A not-so-distant occurrence was the Hawaii trip I took this summer.  However, a much more current event even made this idea more real yet unreal.

This happened in the city of Pyeongtaek in South Korea in the summer of 2011:


Then this happened at Clovis in Fresno, California in November 2012:


Yes, same people, and even MORE!
We had a blast catching up, eating, sharing stories, eating, going down memory lane and eating.  The fun stuff consisted of the Korean slip-ups (I called Korea "back home" at one point), using our Hangul skills in the Korean restaurant (where we had our fortunes told), board games, and wine tastings.  Good times, surreal it happened, glad it happened, and looking forward to the next one.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed when part of that group ended up here, in Italy. I am really happy that I got to know you in Korea, Oscar. While it's always nice to watch you walk away, it's sad to see you go. Hope I'll be able to attend one of those reunions next year. After all, we are planning some time in Vegas. :)
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O Vegas?!?!! YES!!!!!!Thanks for awesome comments Julie! Salutations to Baby X

    ReplyDelete