Sunday, April 29, 2012

Italia 2012

I really enjoyed Italy, can't believe I already went.  If all went well with the Trevi Fountain, I shall be back.  It was great seeing Mel, Julie, Jason, meeting Xavier, and others along the way all over Italy. Recap time!


Bergamo
Mel lives in Bergamo at the moment with a great family.  Most of my time was spent here.  Thanks to Misha and Monica for never having me worry about a meal, a booking, and overall preparedness.  Bergamo is a beautiful city, about an hour away from Milan, in northern Italy. It is very quaint, has good city qualities, and the beauty of a traditional Italian town.
From the wall of Cita Alta in Bergamo
Mel and I acting tough/thug on a Bergamo bus
Bell Tower in Cita Alta


Milan
When I first came to Italy, I first flew into Milan.  Because I was on a mission to get to Bergamo safely, I didn't really get to enjoy it.  So we went back and made a day out of Milan, the fashion capital of the world.
Me right in front of the Duomo Cathedral, the heart of Milan
Having a little too much fun in at this fountain, right outside of a castle
Lunch in the middle of the street in Milan

Enjoying my new pair of Milan sunglasses on the ride back to Bergamo

Rome
We were in Rome for two days with a hostel/travel-mate Jaimee.  We saw EVERYTHING Rome had to offer. Mel was right, let Rome come to you.
Best Artesian gelato? Lemon basil!
Pantheon
Colosseum
Lunch at the hostel
Throwing my coin into the Trevi Fountain, hope it worked
At St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican City
Piazza Venezia

Vicenza
I was SUPER EXCITED to be in Vicenza for Eater.  I went to visit Julie, Jason, and their baby, Xavier. Granted, we all spent last Easter together in Korea, so it was great to see that this Easter was spent in Italy.  Felt very full circle :-)


From 평택 to Italy
Easter Dinner is served!
Welcome to Vicenza :-)

Venice
Once the Easter festivities concluded, we headed over to Venice, the water city, the next day. 
 It was beautiful to see left and right and only view water.  
Even taking the "bus" which is really a boat was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed this city.
Hope you can view the water street behind me :-)

The water-ness of it all still amazes me
On the water bus, check out the gondella
Piazza San Marco
Lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe Venice

Recap of the Recap
Overall, Italy was amazing.  It's crazy walking on the streets and seeing structures,
columns, and statues that have been there since Ancient Roman times and seeing it juxtaposed with modern life. 
And the food! The cheese, wine, pizza, pasta, bread, and gelato!!! 
It was a mix of Italian deliciousness.  Here go some of my favorite shots:
 Train pic, lol.  Okay so keep this in mind for the next shot.
This picture is supposed to be like this so that people don't stand in a train door's way.

A mutilated stop sign, transformed in the name of HILARITY!
Simpson beer is sold all over Rome!
Statue Garden in Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment